Baratza Preciso – Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Burrs: Manufactured in Europe, the Preciso’s 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec. depending on the setting. But what really sets the Preciso burrs apart is that these burrs can do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. So the Preciso burrs are exceptional
Burrs: Manufactured in Europe, the Preciso’s 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec. depending on the setting. But what really sets the Preciso burrs apart is that these burrs can do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. So the Preciso burrs are exceptional for espresso, drip, manual brewing methods and Press Pot.
Gearbox: In 2012, Baratza introduced the second generation Gearbox (GB 2.0). With GB 2.0, Baratza has significantly increased the strength and durability of the drive transmission while decreasing noise.
Grind Adjustment: Macro Adjust: Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. Micro Adjust: A secondary micro adjust lever further divides each of the 40 Macro positions into 11 distinct steps. These steps (10 microns each) enable you to precisely dial in the grind for the perfect shot.
Grinds Left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Preciso minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
Brewing Methods: The Preciso is exceptional for espresso and manual pour brewing methods.
Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles.
Calibration: An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind.
Speed Control: With unique speed control, the Preciso uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 500 RPM.
Portaholder: The Preciso comes with the Portaholder which permits hands-free grinding into an espresso portafilter and makes clean up a snap.
- The Preciso is a beautifully designed conical burr coffee grinder that works as hard as you do to create the perfect espresso experience. It doesn’t stop there of course; the Preciso has also received high marks from coffee experts as an exceptional grinder for the increasingly popular manual brew methods.
- The Preciso is true to its name – a precision grinder with a micro-adjust system that can be dialed in like a commercial grinder. This, coupled with a coffee throughput that is 1 gram/second faster than other 40mm conical burr grinders, makes the Preciso exceptional for espresso.
- Baratza’s popular 40-grind adjustment options, the Preciso adds a second micro-adjustment level that further divides each of the 40 steps into 11 distinct settings. This means you have significantly more control over your espresso grind.
- The Preciso features the quality internal parts and external elements you’ve come to expect from Baratza. It also comes equipped with our innovative PortaHolder, allowing you to grind your espresso hands-free, directly into the portafilter for quick setup and cleanup.
- Whether you are looking for an exceptional espresso grinder or a grinder to help you explore that extensive range of brew methods, the Preciso is the perfect grinder for you.